Measure Oral Reading Skills Using Advanced Speech Recognition Technology
Teachers can quickly and easily measure and score how many words a student can read accurately with Istation’s Indicators of Progress (ISIP™) Oral Reading Fluency (ORF) assessment. The fast and flexible advanced speech recognition technology provides the opportunity for students to demonstrate their reading fluency through the oral reading of text.
Students’ passages are recorded, and the teacher has the ability to sit with the student, observe, and later review the recording. Passages will be automatically scored shortly after the assessment, and the scores will be visible on the scoring page and reports. Teachers will have the ability to override the auto-scores and provide a manual score for the recordings.
The ISIP Oral Reading Fluency assessment provides schools with the following:
- grade-leveled passages that students read aloud and record digitally in the Istation Recording Studio
- audio playback features that allow teachers to play, advance, pause, and rewind student recordings
- online access to an archive of student recordings available to review at any time
- scoring that analyzes oral reading proficiency and measures accuracy, fluency, and expressiveness
- note-taking features for documenting observations and remarks
- real-time reports for progress monitoring and determining which students require more instruction
- help features and virtual tours for administrative support and program instructions
Learn more about the features and benefits available from the ISIP ORF assessment in the video below.
The video will outline several key benefits, including how the ISIP ORF assessment…
- saves time,
- provides valid and reliable data, and
- includes a fun and easy user experience.
Read more at www.istation.com/ISIPOralReadingFluency!