Over the past two weeks, we have discussed Istation’s time-saving reading & math resources that teachers can use to add instructional value to morning work and station time. This week, we’re highlighting Istation’s Spanish resources to maximize time while in the hallway or even during recess!
Waiting in Line
- Give each student a tarjeta de abecedario and have them line up in alphabetical order.
- Before students get in line, you can state the cause of a problem, and have them state a possible effect. Here are some tarjetas de causa y efecto you can use for this game.
- Play charades while waiting in line. Here are some tarjetas de vocabulario – verbos you can use to get started.
- Students can determine word derivations and meanings using these tarjetas de palabras primitivas y derivadas.
- Students love the character Pelusita. They can make an origami bookmark of their favorite character.
- Play Adivina el Animal with your students. You make the noise of an animal, and they have to guess which animal you are thinking about. Here are some tarjetas de vocabulario – animales to help you get started.
- Encourage students to play bean bag toss, jump rope, or shoot basketball while spelling out words for spelling review. Here are a few of the many tarjetas de vocabulario to help you begin this spelling bee.
- Act out students’ favorite Istation book. My favorite is Ven a Cantar! because I love to sing and dance with my students!
We hope that you will find these suggestions practical and useful, giving you more classroom time to teach. We also hope these resources help you work smarter, not harder.
Keep up with the latest in educational technology, classroom best practices, and Istation’s community of educators by subscribing to the blog. Get monthly, weekly, or daily updates to stay informed. Subscribe at the top of any page!