Timeless Tales takes things up a notch with the Hero’s Journey in Unit 3!
Unit 3 of Timeless Tales is now available! The latest reading content will continue the archetypal hero’s journey with futuristic fantasy fiction, classic Greek mythology, stunning art, and sophisticated gameplay that pushes boundaries and meets rigorous standards in reading comprehension, language arts, vocabulary, and word analysis.
Istation Reading’s Timeless Tales curriculum utilizes an interdisciplinary approach incorporating high-interest literature and educational games to engage middle school students, in addition to systematic instruction to improve reading proficiency in all four major areas tested on ISIP-AR. During their adventures, students are provided direct instruction and practice to actively support the application of their developing skills.
Timeless Tales features Paige Turner, Literary Genius! Paige takes students on fascinating journeys through ancient civilizations, mysteries, medieval quests, wilderness survival tales, pop culture, and more. Each passage promotes at least one of the six pillars of character education, encouraging good citizenship and empowering the hero within every reader.
New updates include:
- “Masks,” a new epic, dystopian adventure in which students investigate the strange world of the Empire as they follow Tagore, teenage superstar, through the archetypal hero’s journey
- Two new episodes of Didja Ninja, Paige Turner’s fun and quirky animated graphic novel
- New graphic organizers to provide scaffolding and support for new skills and abstract concepts
- Six new stories in the World of Wonders self-selected reading library, including a two-part hero’s journey tale of a young Siberian warrior princess
- A new series of Teacher Directed Lessons for individual, small-group, or whole-class instruction
- All-new Vocab Hack game in which students use their understanding of vocabulary concept maps to help Paige beat a nasty computer virus
- All-new Syllable Search word analysis game in which students use their knowledge of syllabification to rescue W.A.D.E. from deep-sea doom