There’s just not enough time in the day.
How do I fit something else into my already busy schedule?
Let’s add just one more thing to my full plate.
Sound familiar? If so, you are probably a teacher or know one. Effective teaching requires a considerable amount of organization, time management, planning, and flexibility. There’s no one best solution or magical cure for putting time back into a teacher’s busy schedule, but using effective technology can help.
Technology can make life a bit easier for teachers by saving time and helping with best instructional practices. Technology that tracks student progress, identifies students’ strengths and weaknesses, and groups students for face-to-face lessons can give teachers the time they need to successfully reach more students.
Several key components of Istation make its technology effective in these ways:
- Formative assessments allow precise measurements and seamless placement for every student. Given automatically each month (or more often if desired), these assessments show true growth over time for each user.
- With Istation’s adaptive curriculum, students are given purposeful instruction with interactive lessons that are explicit and direct.
- In addition to computer-driven lessons, teachers have access to a digital library of lesson plans and interactive teaching tools.
- Istation equips teachers with immediate online reports to help manage personalized data profiles and provides Lexile® and Quantile® measures for each student. The Priority Report alerts teachers of struggling students and recommends lessons for them.
- Additional support comes through Istation’s school and home connection.
Tune in to the blog over the next few weeks to discover teacher time-savers that will help you make the most of your time when it comes to weekly planning.