6 Essentials Every Educator Needs for Evaluating Programs
Does your campus or district have a structured approach to selecting supplemental curriculum?
Whether you’re evaluating an online, supplemental curriculum solution for an RFP or bringing in new materials to increase student growth, use this checklist to help you make an informed decision.
Does your chosen program have these six essentials?
- Alignment to learning standards: A program must instruct students in grade-level skills and standards.
- Research-based content: Look for programs that offer significant evidence that they are proven to work.
- Tailoring to students’ needs: Programs should differentiate learning to meet each students’ unique needs.
- Engaging content: Students need learning content that is fun, motivating, and relatable.
- Professional development: Look for programs that also provide implementation support and training to optimize their impact.
- Real-time reporting: Programs should offer educators on-demand data that clearly shows students’ progress.
Engage, Empower, and Extend Learning with Supplemental Curriculum
By checking the six boxes above, you can feel confident about choosing an effective curriculum program. Ample research suggests that Istation’s supplemental curriculum for pre-K–8 students in reading, math, and Spanish literacy meets all of these criteria.