Discover the Benefits of Utilizing Istation’s ISIP Configuration Tool
It’s important for educators to have choices when it comes to administering student assessments. Assessment customization options ensure you are screening for automaticity and readiness before instructional planning can take place.
Istation’s newest game-changing feature, ISIP Configuration, empowers educators with the ability to decide when and how often students will receive assessments.
Empower Educators with Istation’s newest feature, ISIP Configuration
Starting with the 2021-2022 school year, Istation customers will have the ability to turn on and off the ISIP monthly, automated assessments. Plus, ISIP Configuration gives designated personnel and administrators more choice to modify ISIP visibility by product and/or by grade level.
Whether your students are taking ISIP from school or virtually, the new ISIP Configuration empowers ISIP administrators to…
- customize the ISIP administration schedule to determine the most suitable frequency for receiving formative data on each student;
- determine when subsequent assessments should occur following the initial placement test;
- regulate who has the permission to control and assign On-Demand Assessments; and
- customize settings to suit the needs of on-campus and virtual learners.
ISIP Configuration now offers more choice and flexibility with assessments.
3 Benefits of Utilizing a Flexible Assessment Configuration Tool
Continuously monitoring student progress with reliable formative assessments is important for many reasons.
- Administrators get a high-level view of district or campus data
- Teachers get a detailed report of how their class is performing.
- Families get specific results showing what their children know.
Istation recommends utilizing the ISIP monthly, automated assessments whenever possible to help identify students’ strengths and needs throughout the year. However, there are benefits to turning off these automatic assessments.
- Determine when subsequent assessments should occur following the initial placement test. Many schools start the year at the end of August and do not want students to assess at the end of the month, so they would rather wait until the beginning of September. In this case, administrators can turn off the assessment until the first week of September. This helps prepare students for the regular cadence of assessments.
- Determine the most suitable frequency for receiving formative data on each student. Schools might prefer to receive formative assessment data on their students every month, every other month, or three times a year. Having the ability to turn automatic assessments on and off can fit with any of these preferences, making data collection readily available for determining instructional next steps.
- Determine how to best suit the needs of on-campus and virtual learners. Whether students are attending school in person or virtually, assessments play a huge role in gathering information on their strengths and weaknesses. With flexible assessment configuration, educators can set parameters around where their students access assessments. If they choose, administrators can prevent students from assessing in a home environment or on a public computer.
Download Istation’s FREE ebrochures to learn more.