What does ESSA stand for?
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
What does ESSA include?
ESSA includes provisions to help ensure success for students and schools by addressing the following goals:
- Advance equity by upholding critical protections for America’s disadvantaged and high-need students.
- Require — for the first time — that all students in America be taught to high academic standards that will prepare them to succeed in college and careers.
- Ensure that vital information is provided to educators, families, students, and communities through annual statewide assessments that measure students’ progress toward those high standards.
- Support and grow local innovations — including evidence-based and place-based interventions developed by local leaders and educators — consistent with the Investing in Innovation and Promise Neighborhoods programs.
- Sustain and expand the Obama administration’s historic investments in increasing access to high-quality preschool.
- Maintain an expectation that there will be accountability and action to effect positive change in our lowest-performing schools, where groups of students are not making progress, and where graduation rates are low over extended periods of time.
When will this take effect?
The Every Student Succeeds Act takes full effect in the 2017-18 school year.
How does Istation support ESSA Nationwide?
Our “Istation Supports ESSA Priorities Nationwide” document provides information and evidence for the ways Istation helps support ESSA priorities. Click the button below.
In addition, take a look at the “Istation Supports ESSA Priorities in Texas” document. Click the button below.