Lesson plans, assigned texts, homework, worksheets — all for varying grade levels . . . The list of teacher resources instructors need is overwhelming and seems never-ending. However, there are easy ways to make gathering teacher resources a breeze. Getting this step out of the way will allow you to focus on using these resources to strengthen and guide your differentiated instructional strategy.
Take on these four simple strategies to make searching for teacher resources a seamless process.
1. Simplify and Sort
The first step to organizing your teacher resources is to simplify both digitally on your computer’s desktop and physically in your classroom. Declutter by getting rid of anything that no longer serves a purpose. Then label and organize everything to make it all easier to find.
Create folders on your desktop to easily access and print your teacher resources. Don’t forget to keep a backup on an external hard drive or cloud drive.
Ultimately, when there’s no clutter, focusing becomes an easier task for you and your students. Giving students the responsibility to place resources where they belong in the classroom will teach beneficial organizational skills and help you out in the process!
2. Create DIY Organizers for Resources
Along the lines of keeping everything in its place, there are some fun, inexpensive ways to get organized. Luz Rother, an elementary bilingual instructor and Istation user, stores all of her games and leveled readers using a hanging shoe holder! How clever is that?
The see-through pockets allow Roth and her students to quickly see and easily access their vast array of Istation resources. The class quickly became familiar with where to pick up their games each day.
3. Color Code
Use numbers and colors to organize your class periods and resource types. For instance, all resources labeled one are for your first period. Then, for example, all in-class worksheets could have yellow labels. Small colored stickers are the perfect solution to make labeling quick and easy.
4. Digitally Bookmark in Istation’s “My Library”
Istation’s “My Library” tool now lets you bookmark Istation Teacher Resources for later use by adding them to the “My Library” section of your account.
To do this, follow the simple steps outlined below.
- While on a teacher resource overview in Istation, click Add to Library.
- Access My Library by clicking See all Cards on Istation Boards or Teacher Resources in the Toolbox menu.
- Once added to your library, each resource is easily accessible for future use! Here is an example view of teacher resources saved using the My Library feature:
- To keep your library organized and up to date, there is an option to Remove from Library when you click on the saved teacher resource in My Library.
Quit searching and save time with a FREE Istation teacher resource!